Monday, June 8, 2009

Christian Bale – On bulking up and diets

Actors and actresses are always on the go and they always do what the roles want them to portray. There are a lot of things that they can do and one of these things are to bulk up and bulk down. These things are often ridiculed by Christian magazines, here is what Christian Bale thinks of this:

The bodybuilding and unbuilding you’ve done for your roles is alarming—the former all the more so for its being accomplished without any animal protein.
Actually, I’m in and out of the vegetarianism now. But yeah, the majority of the building up you’re talking about was done when I was still a vegetarian.

When did you fall off the wagon?
Just after I’d completed American Psycho [for which Bale, as the preening sociopath Patrick Bateman, got furiously ripped].

Dietary reasons? Or something to do with the character?
I was up in Toronto and went to see that movie Life Is Beautiful. By myself. And when I came out, I had a craving for blood unlike anything I had ever experienced since I decided to go vegetarian at the age of 7. It was a compulsion. It was undeniable. I went to several restaurants, one right after the other, and got the biggest, bloodiest steaks I could get my hands on. It was the first time I had tasted flesh in almost twenty years.

Life Is Beautiful.
Yeah.

That makes sense.
Yeah.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9_Am7NXTPzc/ShLW3adXJrI/AAAAAAAAD6w/r25rfK-om64/christian-bale-terry-richardson-gq-3%5B6%5D.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment