Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Review of the House--A Hotel in Barbados

I’ve always enjoyed going to Barbados for the winter because it is one of the most magically beautiful places I know. It’s pristine beaches and warm weather are so enticing that I always find myself wanting to stay longer (even forever) whenever it was time for me to fly back home. I enjoy going around the island and staying in different accommodations because I think it’s interesting to compare and contrast all these hotels, apartments and other kinds of accommodations scattered throughout the coasts of the island.

The House Hotel in Barbados is the place I stayed at last winter. It’s a small and stylish hotel that stands out on the ‘Platinum Coast’. At first glance, you’d think that it’s too opulent but in reality, it’s really accessible and warm to visitors. The low-key atmosphere of the place is so easy-going and comfortable that I enjoyed such a calm and relaxing stay.

http://myislandnights.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/barbados.jpg
hotel in Barbados

I really found the interiors very pleasing and beautiful. It was striking not because of its flashiness, but rather because it was minimal. The color scheme played between white, navy blue and polished wood. The photographs that hung on the walls were printed in sepia and contrasted very well with the blue awnings. I think that it was a great way to keep the place tranquil by eliminating all the stimulating colors and designs other hotels usually prefer.

The hotel is strategically set on a very pretty section of Payne’s Bay where the sand is excellent and powdery white. I spent majority of my four days on that beach, soaking up some rays and napping under the umbrellas. You can stay there all day and be lazy because you get to enjoy the Ambassador’s service to the beach if you want a drink or a light meal.

Like all other hotels, it is modernly equipped. But if you notice, I paid more attention to how restful and peaceful my stay was here. If you’re looking for the ultimate wind-down, then the House hotel in Barbados is the place for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment